There are so many schools of Feng Shui out there. You can find numerous literature about it but I am a strong follower of the Flying Stars of Feng Shui, which is one of the most traditional chinese schools.
This school, also called Xuan Kong is composed of the following:
- Principal of Yin Yang
- Five Elements
- Energies of Eight areas, Directions and Trigrams
- Dynamic of the Lo Shu Square
- 24 Mountains
How the Flying stars school of Feng Shui differentiates itself with the others? This school takes into consideration the time factor in order to create a chart of the present energies. It combines the time, space and object.
Feng Shui energies change from year to year. Therefore the new year is a good time to make some Feng Shui changes in your home or in your office to make sure that you and your loved ones will continue to be surrounded with positive energy and harmony. It is important to monitor and watch for the re-allocation for good and bad energies at the beginning of each year, so that we can take necessary precautions if some bad energy happen to arrive at important places of your home or office.
One significant feature of the energy chart this year 2013 is that the annual stars fly back to their original Lo Shu map with 5 in the center. This means that all twelve signs are greatly influenced by their original essence. In terms of Flying Star Feng Shui, each of the nine stars have a stronger influence on the energies in their respective sectors. In one word, all the energies will be acting with more power. That only means we will have to make sure to place all the annual cures and enhancers especially this year.
In 2013, the good areas of your house are:
- North is bringing good fortune this year with 1 present
- Northeast is good for wealth, prosperity with star 8 present
- South is good for success and recognition with star 9 present
- Northwest is good with star 6 present. It enhances Travel, Helpful friends, Patriarch, promotion and advancement.
However, there are some areas in the house/office that we should pay particularly attention this year 2013:
- Middle of the house/office because of the star 5 present in the centre, which could mean obstacles and misfortune
- South West area, where the star 2 is present, which symbolises sickness
- East area, where the star 3 is present, which symbolises argument, robbery, competition
- West area, where the star 7 is present, which symbolises violence
With regards to the South East, this year this is the place of the Grand Duke. We need to make sure to keep that corner quiet.
If you read this, please do not get worried. That does not mean, it will happen! This is very general comments! To be more specific, of course, it also depends on the orientation as well as the year of the construction of your house.
I wanted to highlight it as the stars are acting with more power this year in particular. It is just that we have to be more vigilant and put the correct cures in place.
I truly believe that it is all written in our chart and we all have our own destiny. The energy of the house only counts for 20% of our life. Of course, if you have a good chart but your house has a bad energy, this might limit your full potential.
The very positive aspect is that if you place the correct cures at the correct place in your home/office this year and if you take care of the good areas properly, you will be able to fully capture all the auspicious Qi, flows of energy of this new year 2013!
Happy Feng Shui!